Wednesday 1 February 2012

Music video decisions

The song I have chosen to make a music video for has strong political and economical connotations "new lands, new battles, new resources to reap, innocents to kill, their fuels to keep" "divide and conquer, destroy and deplete, conscriptions a bitch, lives are yours to delete".

Because of this, I went looking for ideas, thinking what I could do to incorperate this into my video. I came to an idea which was brought by recent events: the london riots. I found youtube clips of dramatic and violent scenes. I found these and thought similar things would fit in my music video perfectly.







I felt that these shots, some in slow motion would be perfect in my video but I was disheartened to find that I could not use those shots (because they are not mine). I pondered over the idea of making my own replications and trying to create a similarly effective atmosphere. I decided however that it would have been too hard to construct effectively and so i persued this idea no further.

1 comment:

  1. Good. Can you document what you did to replace this idea of violence and riot?

    ReplyDelete